Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Customising Facebook Business Pages


Welcome to my first post using blogger. POMO is growing before our eyes, and I wanted to share the experience. Our latest service we have developed out of requests from clients is the development of their business's Facebook fan site.

A while ago I created a Facebook Fan Page for POMO. Prior to this I was sending business information through my personal Facebook page. While I still do this with my blog posts, my personal page contains too much silliness , to be considered professional. The fan page contains some articles, reviews of my work and links of interest about design industry.

Since the inception of our Fan page it has confirmed my suspicions surrounding them and that is, although it is a useful tool to keep in touch with your fans, it can not be depended on solely as a sales and marketing tool. Keeping that in mind it is an opportunity to showcase or show off, which ever fits more closely, your businesses and to keep your fans excited about what you do. If you can keep a balance of postings which keep your fans happy but do not make them feel like they are being spammed you are on a winner.

With such applications as FBml we can develop a more personalised business fan page to extended from landing pages or website. This is something not very well know as yet so I am hoping I can get the word out there.

signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment